The Pikotek® VCS gasket provides exceptional insulating and general sealing performance in aggressive material applications. The VCS gasket is suitable in all services up to and including ANSI 2500# and API 10,000# classes.¹
Due to its unique pressure activated sealing mechanism, the gasket requires far less bolt stress to seal than any other gasket.² The VCS gasket inner diameter is exactly matched to the flange bore to eliminate turbulent flow and flange face erosion/corrosion. The seal elements are replaceable in the reusable gasket retainer.
¹ As per design review. Please contact GPT product engineering for further information.
² Please see GPT Torque Calculator
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Extremely high reliability sealing and insulating for all critical services
- Seals and insulates at all pressures up through ANSI 2500# and API 10,000¹#
- Withstands severe service conditions, including large bending moments, vibration, temperature, and pressure cycling¹
- Tackles corrosive environments, including high concentrations of CO2, H2S, produced water, etc.
- Outstanding isolating properties for cathodic protection, galvanic corrosion, and other pipe system isolation needs³
- Pressure activated for reliable sealing and eliminating costly leaks
- Precisely sized to the bore to protect flange faces and prevents turbulent flow at flanged connections to mitigate media-induced corrosion and flow-induced erosion.
- GPT can match the ID of any flange assembly which can greatly mitigate the effects of flow induced corrosion, erosion, and MIC common of other types of gaskets used in piped flange connections
- Mitigates galvanic corrosion in dissimilar metal flanges
- Insulating Kits (sleeves and washers) always include high strength double washers and full-length sleeves for maximum assurance against short circuits
- High strength laminate material resists failure due to excess compression (i.e., over tightening bolts)
- Spring energized PTFE seal provides radial load and encapsulation in the seal groove to eliminate cold flow
- Available to match any flange specification (ANSI, API, BS, DIN, AS, others)
- Can seal mismatched RTJ Flange with Raised Face Flanges
- Easy installation, make up and removal The rigid construction helps facilitate installation. Low required bolt loads. Less make-up force is required resulting in less flange and bolt stress. Self-aligning and centering No special tools required.
Tandem seal versions available 6” and up and as standard for 24” and up - contact GPT engineering for other size availability.
Note: Electrical values are based on laboratory conditioned samples in laboratory conditions. Exposure to moisture or elevated temperature will change values- per each test standard (ASTM, etc)
¹ As per design review. Please contact GPT product engineering for further information. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
³ Please see VCS Data Sheet for further information
- Flange insulation in conjunction with cathodic protection
- Insulation between dissimilar metals to prevent galvanic corrosion
- Wellhead isolation from inter-connected flow lines
- Valve connections
- Christmas Tree connections
- Pump connections
- Compressor connections
- Tanks and heat exchangers with sacrificial anodes to increase anode life
- Mating mismatched ring-joint to raised-face flanges (VCS will seal in ring-joint, raised-face and flat face/slip-on flanges)
- Eliminate fluid trap corrosion between ring-joint (RTJ) flanges where high concentrations of CO2, H2S, other aggressive hydrocarbon media are present
- Eliminate turbulence and flow-induced erosion between ring-joint (RTJ) flanges.
G-10 NEMA grade G-10 Glass-Reinforced Epoxy (GRE) laminate material:
- Available in NIST G10CR process specification for materials used in cryogenic applications
- Compressive Strength: 66,000 PSI
- Dielectric Strength: 800 VPM Max.
- Continuous Operating Temp: 302°F (150 °C) ⁴
- Minimum Continuous Operating Temp: (minus) -200 °F (-128 °C) ⁵
- Water Absorption: 0.10
- Flexural Strength: LW 65,000 PSI / CW 52,000 PSI
- Tensile Strength: LW 40,000 / CW 32,000 (ASTM D638)
- Bond Strength: 2,300 lb.
- Shear Strength: 21,500 PSI
⁴ As per certificate Z1303
⁵ As per NAM Shell Design certificate
G-11 NEMA LI1 grade G-11 Glass-Reinforced Epoxy (GRE) laminate material:
- Compressive Strength: 50,000 PSI
- Dielectric Strength: 550 VPM Max.
- Continuous Operating Temp: 392° F (200 °C) Maximum
- Continuous Operating Temp: (minus) -50°F (-45°C) Minimum
- Moisture Absorption: 0.09
- Flexural Strength: LW 57,000 PSI
- Tensile Strength: LW 41,000 PSI
- Bond Strength: 2,200 lb.
- Shear Strength: 21,000 PSI
One isolating and sealing gasket, VCS Type “F”, 0.260” thick or .308” thick, 316 stainless steel core retainer laminated on both sides with a G-10 fiber glass reinforced laminate containing a precision tapered groove to accommodate the controlled compression of a PTFE spring energized seal. Sealing element placement shall accommodate either flat, raised or RTJ face flanges. The PTFE seal shall be spring and pressure energized. The G-10 retainer shall have a 800 volts/mil dielectric strength and a minimum 66,000 psi compressive strength. The I.D. of the flange isolating gasket shall match the bore of the flange in which it is installed.