The GPT flange isolation training (GFIT) offers participants an in-depth 4 hour session on proper installation techniques for flange isolation kits (FIK’s), for field installers and engineers. GPT will train your installers/engineers to correctly install an isolating gasket and explain the critical role of each component required to successfully isolate the flanges for proper corrosion prevention of the system. In addition, participants will receive hands-on installation training and will learn proper techniques using the correct test meters to accurately check for isolation of the gasket and flanges post installation.
INDUSTRY CHALLENGES - WHY SHOULD I PARTICIPATE?
According to industry failure analysis more than 80% of all gasket failures are due to incorrect user installation. These installation failures can be avoided with proper training and installation procedures.
GET IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME
Doing more with less - 440,000 jobs have been cut globally throughout the oil and gas production industry. With fewer resources, getting it right the first time has never been more important.
DO YOUR INSTALLERS TREAT ISOLATION GASKETS LIKE A STANDARD GASKET?
Out in the field Installers are faced with a multitude of different scenarios, conditions and challenges. As the installation of isolation gaskets only accounts for 5% of all gasket installations, this unfamiliarity often results in an incorrect installation.
HOW MANY COMPONENTS ARE IN A 24"/600# ISOLATION KIT?
There are 193 components that installers will have to work with.
With this large number of components there is a high risk of installation errors.
- Many installation programs are available today that teach you how to properly install a gasket, but what do you do when your application requires the flanges to be isolated?
- In addition to proper gasket installation procedures, this training program goes above and beyond other programs to provide in-depth training on what additional components and techniques are required to properly isolate your flange connections.
- Whether you’re field based or office based, we offer tailored training programs to maximize your knowledge and understanding of proper installation methods and flange isolation techniques. This can provide an effective means of bridging the gap between onsite Field Technicians and engineering groups.
- Qualified GPT Installer Accreditation
- CEU Credits Applicable for Professional Engineers
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The GFIT training program is designed for Field Technicians, Integrity Engineers, Corrosion Engineers and those in general engineering roles. The training is designed for groups of 10 or more persons.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
INTRODUCTION TO FLANGE INSTALLATION PRACTICES
*Customization available on request
WHY TRAIN WITH GPT?
Garlock Pipeline Technologies (GPT) has over 40 years of experience of critical service flange systems, electrical flange isolation kits (cathodic protection and galvanic corrosion prevention) and isolation joints for the Oil and Gas Production, Processing, Gas Distribution and Transmission, power generation and other utility industries. Over these years, we’ve learned a few things. The GFIT program is the accumulation of all we have learned and experienced over these 40 years.
ACTUAL SURVEY RESPONSES, MAY 2019.
...”Excellent! Loved the hands on portion”... (Field Crew Installer, AK)
...”This program is excellent and better than training I have had in the past!”...”… - (Piping Design Engineer, AK)
Register with your local Sales representative.
* The training is design for groups of 10 or more. (Up to 30)
** This qualification does not make any determination of an individual's capabilities in applying this general knowledge within a specific work environment or under actual working conditions. It remains the sole responsibility of the employer of the individual to determine competency for assigned tasks and work. It is not a certification.