Boa-Tape™ is a pressure sensitive taping system designed to seal joints against ground water infiltration, encapsulate manholes or vaults and protect pipelines. The 50 mil. elastomeric mastic in combination with 15 mil. of woven polypropylene makes this tape extra-extra sticky.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Accommodates ground movement
- Seals against ground water infiltration
- Toughness to resist soil stress
- Provides corrosion protection
- Extends structure life
- Quick and easy installation
- No torch required to adhere tape
- No Primer required
- Boa-Tape™ is stocked in 3 sizes and available for quick delivery Available in 12”, 6”, and 4” widths x 150 ft. rolls.
- Softening Point ASTM E-28 240°F (160°F)
- Dielectric Strength ASTM D-1000 350 volts/mil.
- Tensile Strength ASTM D-1000 75lbs./inch width
- Elongation ASTM D-1000 40%
- Puncture Resistance ASTM E 164 200lbs.
- Water Absorption ASTM D-570 0.05%
- Penetration Resistance ASTM G-9 Pass
- Fungal Resistance ASTM G-21 Growth-None
- Pressure ASTM C877-08 13psig (30ft. water head)
Installation is quick and simple:
- Clean all exterior surfaces of the manhole with a brush or broom to remove any loose cement, dust, or small rock particles.
- Remove 8” (20 cm) of release backing and position exposed tape surface on cleaned seam area. Expose 8” (20 cm) of tape at a time by pulling release backing away from mastic as tape is wrapped around the entire circumference of the manhole, vault, or pipe.
- Carefully cut the Boa-Tape™ when applying over cast iron manhole gussets. Gently mold the tape around gussets with a roller or gloved hand.
- Manhole encapsulation/sealing
- Repair and rehabilitation
- Step-down joints
- Square/Rectangular vaults
- Septic tanks/vaults
- Corrosion protection
- Fixing Cracked couplings
- Reinforcement of push-on joints
- Short-term repair of gravity flow lines
- Augmentation of Riser-Wrap® for manhole riser sealing and encapsulation