- Specifically designed for extreme temperature service ranging from -328°F to 770°F (-200°C to 410°C)
- Garlock’s THERMa-PUR™ gasketing has successfully passed the oil & gas industry’s API 607 and API 6FB fire tests
- Ideal for load-compromised connections such as damaged or lined flanges, as well as heavily bolted connections generating significant gasket stresses
DENVER (APRIL 9, 2015)–Garlock Pipeline Technologies (GPT), the world’s leading manufacturer of safe, high-performance gasket and sealing solutions, is pleased to announce the release of the all-new VCXT™ Very Critical eXtreme Temperature flange insulation set. The kit is designed to provide electrical isolation across a wide range of seating stresses and flange classes in elevated temperature applications most commonly found in the oil & gas and chemical processing industries.
“We’re very pleased to expand our Very Critical Service product family with the additionof VCXT™,” said Tim Hurley, GPT Senior Global Product Manager. “This insulating kit assures reliable and safe electrical isolation performance in a wide variety of extreme conditions.”
GPT’s VCXT™ kit is ideal for load-compromised connections such as damaged or lined flanges, as well as heavily bolted connections where significant gasket stresses may be generated. It can be used in a wide range of flange surface finishes, due to the high compression characteristics of the facing material. It performs in:
- Operational temperatures of -328°F to 770°F (-200°C to 410°C)
- Operational pressure ranges adherent to ASME B16.5 1500 lb. pressure standards
- A wide range of chemicals (pH 0-14), and sweet and sour gaseous and liquid hydrocarbons
The complete kit is comprised of an insulating gasket, insulating sleeves, insulating washers and metal backing washers. The insulating gasket is constructed from a machined metal core utilizing a serrated profile, and the metal core is faced with Garlock’s THERMa-PUR™, a proprietary high temperature sealing material. The use of THERMa-PUR™ ensures maximum safety by complying with the oil & gas industry’s API 607 and API 6FB fire tests. A Garlock Style 5500 spacer ring, located around the periphery of the serrated metal core, ensures correct gasket location.
For more information on the GPT VCXT™ kit, click here.
About Garlock Pipeline Technologies
Garlock Pipeline Technologies,an EnPro Industries (NYSE: NPO) company, is the world’s leading manufacturer of critical-service flange systems, spring-energized jacketed seals and electrical flange isolation kits for the oil and gas, water/wastewater, chemical, energy, construction, and infrastructure industries. Learn more at www.gptindustries.com.
Global Marketing Communications Manager
+1 315 597 3183